JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – North Florida’s women’s soccer hits the road, traveling to DeLand as the Ospreys (2-4-2, 0-1-0) take on Stetson (1-6-1, 1-0-0) in the second Atlantic Sun match of the campaign.
The last time UNF and Stetson faced off in DeLand, Zara Siassi, Gabby Daly and Allie Fekany all found the back of the net, sparking the Ospreys undefeated run at Hodges Stadium for the remainder of the 2022 regular season.
- Who: Stetson
- What: Match 9
- When: Sunday, Sept. 17 at 6 p.m.
- Where: Stetson Athletic Training Center
- Live Stats: https://gohatters.com/sidearmstats/wsoc/summary
- Watch: ESPN+
This is the 23rd matchup in series history … the Ospreys hold the series lead with a record of 11-9-2 against the Hatters … UNF came away with the 3-1 victory the last time out in DeLand Sept. 25, 2022 … head coach Eric Faulconer remains undefeated in matches against Stetson with a record of 5-0-1
Last Time Out
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – North Florida women’s soccer put up a valiant effort, but came up short against FGCU (4-3-1, 1-0-0), 2-0, in the Atlantic Sun (2-4-2, 0-1-0) Thursday, Sept. 14.
- Stetson has started the campaign with a 1-6-1 record
- Similar to the Ospreys, the Hatters have faced off against Air Force and Florida
- Stetson played to a 1-1 draw against Green Bay who the Ospreys were set to face but was canceled due to the threat of Hurricane Idalia
- The Hatters opened up conference play with a 1-0 victory at Jacksonville
- Sophomore Annika Seem paces the side with four goals and eight points to her name
- Kelly Gende and Alexa LoBasso lead the team in assists with one apiece
- Freshman Mallory Osborn has started every game except one for the Hatters making 44 saves through 585 minutes
- Head coach Chris Bergmann enters his 4th season with Stetson
- Jersi Dadah’s brace lifted the Ospreys to a 2-1 victory over Troy, Sunday Sept. 10
- Dadah became the first Osprey to record a brace since Kayla Bond in a 4-1 win over Western Carolina Aug. 19, 2021
- Chloe Lynch, Gabby Daly and Sophia Goetz all recorded their first assist of the campaign against Troy
- Dadah now paces the team with two goals and five points to her name
Conference Play – Looking Ahead
- The Ospreys open up conference play hosting FGCU Thursday, Sept. 14 at 7 p.m.
- UNF are also set to host Lipscomb, Austin Peay, North Alabama and Central Arkansas
- Stetson, Eastern Kentucky, Bellarmine, Queens (N.C.), Kennesaw State and Jacksonville will be played on the road
- North Florida women’s soccer set a new women’s sporting event attendance record hosting a crowd of 4,459 at Hodges Stadium against #1/5 Florida State Thursday, Sept. 7
- This shatters the previous record of 1,017 set by North Florida women’s basketball against Liberty, Jan. 12, 2023
- At the time it was the seventh highest across NCAA DI women’s soccer this season
- North Florida was tabbed third in the ASUN Preseason Coaches Poll
- Sofia Miliancano, Allyna Thurston and Zara Siassi all made the Preseason All-ASUN Team
- Miliancano put the league on notice with her play last year and was named ASUN Preseason Goalkeeper of the Year
- Thurston was named to the United Soccer Coaches Defenders to Watch List
- The Ospreys return a veteran team that features 25 returners
- 19 of the 38 Ospreys are underclassmen, with 20 being upperclassmen
- UNF returns 88 percent of its scoring from last year while goalkeeper Sofia Miliancano brings back 12 matches of experience from a season ago
- UNF’s stingy defense in 2022 brings in a stretch of allowing just one goal from Oct. 9 through Oct. 27.