Saudi Pro League chiefs’ hopes of prising Mohamed Salah away from Liverpool are fading, talkSPORT understands.
Liverpool are also confident Salah will extend his stay at Anfield.
We told you how the Reds were bracing themselves for a fresh approach from a Saudi side after rejecting an offer of more than £100million from Al Ittihad last year.
But it is now understood that Saudi chiefs’ hopes of landing the 31-year-old are fading.
The Egypt international has one year left on his contract in Merseyside.
But he appears to be happy to continue his seven-year love affair with the club.
That is despite his recent touchline row with Jurgen Klopp as he prepared to come off the bench in Saturday’s 2-2 draw with West Ham.
Salah then claimed ‘there will be fire’ should he comment on what was said between the pair at the London Stadium.
The former Chelsea forward linked up with Liverpool from Roma in 2017, where he has become one of the world’s best players.
He has scooped every major honour with the club, and has banged in 210 goals from 346 matches in all competitions.
Despite struggling for form of late, Salah has still managed to chip in with a whopping 24 goals and 13 assists from 41 games in all competitions this season.
Should Salah decide to remain at Liverpool, he will be playing under a new manager with Klopp to stand down at the end of the campaign.
And talkSPORT understands that Feyenoord boss Arne Slot is set to replace the German in the dugout.
More to follow…
Leave a Reply