More

    Serie A striker eyeing up Barcelona switch as he hopes to be Robert Lewandowski’s replacement at the Catalan club: Reports

    Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic is reportedly contenplating a move to Barcelona to replace hitman Robert Lewandowski. The Pole is out of contract at the end of the season.

    Vlahovic, 26, is also out of contract at his current club this summer. Having arrived from Fiorentina in January 2022, the Serbia international has netted 64 times in 162 games across competitions. That includes six strikes in 17 outings across competitions this season.

    Meanwhile, Lewandowski has been at the Camp Nou since arriving from Bayern Munich in the summer of 2022. He has struck 114 times in 177 outings across competitions, including 13 strikes in 30 outings this campaign.

    However, the 37-year-old’s future at the Camp Nou beyond this summer remains uncertain, with Vlahovic emerging as a possible long-term replacement. As per Tuttosport (via GOAL), the Serb has told his representatives to explore a move to Barca amid interest from elsewhere and impasse in contract extension talks with the Bianconeri.

    Meanwhile, Vlahovic isn’t the only name doing the rounds as a possible Lewandowski successor at the Camp Nou. The club board is said to prefer Atletico Madrid’s Argentine hitman Julian Alvarez. However, the 2022 FIFA World Cup winner is contracted with the Rojiblancos till 2030, meaning any potential deal won’t be cheap.


    What’a next for Barcelona?

    Barcelona boss Hansi Flick
    Barcelona boss Hansi Flick

    Barcelona are in the midst of an impressive season, being im contention for an unprecented quadruple but have work to do after winning the Supercopa Espana earlier this year.

    Following a damaging 4-0 defeat at Atletico Madrid in the Copa del Rey semi-final first leg last week, Hansi Flick’s side fell to a 2-1 La Liga defeat at Girona on Monday, ceding top spot to Real Madrid in the process.

    The Blaugrana will seek a return to winning ways when they take on Levante at home in the league on Sunday (February 22). Following a home league game with Villarreal six days later, Flick’s side take on Atletico in the concluding leg of their Copa del Rey semi-final on March 3, hoping to become the first side in competition history to overturn a four-goal first-leg deficit.